April 9, 2010. Messina, Riverway, and more!
Eygpt was spectacular! Played my ukulele on a cruise ship gliding down the Nile! We saw and did everything!!!
I already told you about Messina in Eastham. So good to have the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of the month lined up there! Now we add the 1st and 3rd Saturdays at the Riverway Lobster House in South Yarmouth! What fun! You must come see us at both great places! And bring your dancing shoes! It will be the trio at Messina, and Eddie and me at the Riverway.
So to recap, tomorrow night at Messina and next Saturday at Snow's in Orleans for an afternoon show at 2:00.
We are adding a Harwich stroll, a festival in Dennis and lots more soon, so check the GIGS page for the latest!
Spring has sprung!
March 2, 2010. Gigs-a-poppin'!
So the gigs are starting to come along! We have a new agreement with Messina's Restaurant in Eastham for the Tim Sweeney Trio to play there the 2nd and 4th Saturday evenings of the month for dining and dancing! BUT, we start this Saturday, the 6th (not the 2nd or the 4th Saturday). Come on by for some fine Italian food -- and brign your dancing shoes!
We will playing at Snow's Home & Garden in Orleans in April as part of their Saturday Music Series, and will be putting more gigs on the schedule soon. Keep checking back.
On April 13th Nancy and I head to Egypt for 2 weeks! (Nancy's 3rd trip, my 2nd). Just a little spiritual journey down the Nile. Can't wait!!!
More later. Thanks for listening and come see us at Messina's!
January 4, 2010. Brand new song!
Do you see the date of the previous entry??? I am so bad … not that I expect anyone ever reads this. But if someone were to read it they might think I had been away for a very long time. Long time.
Now we did have a swell time at the Cabaret. Dan, Anna, Bert, George, everyone!!! did a great job.
And what can one say besides "Ceilidh?" Lawdy what a pawty! Performing with James Hill and Chalmers Doane … jamming with Lil Rev, Linda, Heidi, Gerald, ya ya ya.
Three weeks running with Dan … the Cabaret, the Ceilidh and the 1st annual Columbia (MD) Ukulele Festival. Fred, Victoria, many more, what a ball.
So now 2010. It's gonna be great! See you who-knows-where!!! Look for new songs in 2010!
October 20. Nova Scotia, here I come!!!
It's ceilidh time in Liverpool! The very best of them all, in just two days! It's all ukulele all the time: Chalmers Doane, James Hill, Gerald Ross, Lil Rev, Langley Ukulele Orchestra, Dan Scanlan (and many more! www.ukulele.ca) and me! Can't wait! I'm on first thing Friday evening and it's gonna be so much fun.
The Ukulele Cabaret at the Church of the Holy Spirit was a complete success and a total blast! Dan Scanlan, George Klingelhofer, Anna Hirst, Bert Jackson, Karl Thompson, Ed Banks and Lucas Provost, all great. There are photos up on my Facebook page. I'll try to get some up here soon. We raised almost $900 for the Youth Group, so thanks to everyone that came and those that supported us! Next: Cape Cod Uke Fest!
So, off to see Hal, Susan, Sandra, Chalmers and James and all my friends up north. Can't wait to be at the White Point Resort!
Debuting 3 new songs!,
October 8. It's getting exciting now!!!
October is a slam-bang ukulele month for sure!
• I have entered a video into Bosko & Honey's Join the Safari Contest! Voting, after the deadline on Oct. 18, will help determine the winner, so you need to click here, watch my video and vote for it! The winner of the contest getrs flown to Melbourne, Australia and be part of the Australian Ukulele Festival. Cool, huh? I'd love to go!
• Next Wednesday, Oct. 15, Paris Uke Fest organizer and fantastic ukuleleist Lionel Hubert and master percussionist Antoine Ladoue will perform at the HOT Chocolate Sparrow in Orleans at 7:00. You won't want to miss this. I will open for them. It will be great to see and perform with them again. It's the "Prelude to the Ukulele Cabaret."
• Of course Saturday the 17th is the really big show at the Church of the Holy Spirit in Orleans! The Cabaret, featuring Dan Scanlan from California, George Klingelhofer from Chicago, the Tim Sweeney Trio (featuring Ed Banks and Lucas Provost), Anna Hirst and Bert Jackson. Get your tickets in advance at the Hot Chocolate Sparrow and Cape Cup in Orleans.
• Then comes the Ukulele Ceilidh in Liverpool, Nova Scotia, on Oct. 22, where Dan and I will travel to be featured performers at the festival. It will be good to be back among friends that feel like family.
• Finally, comes the Columbia (Md.) Ukulele Festival on the 31st, where I will again join Dan, as well as friend and master ukeist Fred Fallin and others to have a smashing ukulele time on Halloween!
Wow, what will November bring? Well, I'll tell you -- 10 days in Jamaica, playing ukulele all day on Negril's 7-mile beach!
Happy fall, more to come,
See you at the Cabaret!